ULLENHALL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 2nd February 2016 at 7.45pm in Ullenhall Village Hall.
Cllrs. Chair, J.Clayton; A.Jones; B.Bates; A.Stewart.
W.C.C. Cllr. M.Perry
S-on-A District Cllr. S.Thirlwell
S-on-A District Cllr. G.Atkinson
Cllrs. J.Bucknall; M.Morris; I.Fitzgerald
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 5th January were agreed and signed.
Minutes of the planning meeting held on Tuesday 19th January were agreed and signed.
Meeting open to County and District Councillors for comments.
Warwickshire County Council
- Budget setting is on Thursday 4th February 2016, looking at a 3.9% increase In Council Tax
- Highways have visited Watery Lane and agreed that the culvert will be cleared out
Stratford-on-Avon District Council
- The Core Strategy is awaiting a report from the Inspector before it will be formally adopted
- At a Special Full Council meeting, the Combined Authority was discussed and Stratford will join as a non-voting member
- Budget setting is looking at a 3.9% increase in Council Tax
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
16/00038/FUL Mr. & Mrs. S. Lowe, Twelve Elms, Blunts Green – Replacement of roof, replacement of front balcony with timber balcony, replacement of rear flat roof dormer with pitched dormer; alterations to roof of single storey annex, modifications of various windows and door openings. No objections raised.
16/00172/FUL Mr. Phillip Canning, Edelweiss, Henley Road – Ground floor front extension and rear/side glass and aluminium veranda. No objections raised.
16/00179/FUL Mr. & Mrs. Bostock, Rose Cottage Farm, Forde Hall Lane –
i).Replace existing conservatory with a garden room
ii).Replace conservatory to lounge with extension
iii).Extend laundry room to create home gym
iiii).Replacement of existing detached garage and garden store with new store and car port with attic over No objections raised.
15/04246/VARY Mark Winton, Foxhill – Permission
Next Planning meeting, if required, Tuesday 16th February 2016 at 7pm
- Hard Court area – an Association is to be formed with a Strategic and Business Plan to ensure the project is sustainable. No further progress has been made.
- Mark’s Close – Adverse Possession of some land by the Parish Council has been applied for. S-on-A District Cllr. S.Thirlwell will look into it on our behalf.
- Superfast Broadband – Ullenhall is on the list to be connected.
- Ullenhall Website – concerns have been expressed over the existing Ullenhall.net web site. It is not fit for purpose and the Parish Council are looking at options.
- Stream by Brook House – concerns have been raised over the potential flood risk caused by the obstruction of the stream along Watery Lane. Highways will look into this when they carry out the work planned for Watery Lane.
- Conifers opposite Winged Spur – obscuring street light. The clerk to write to the resident to request the hedge is reduced in height and cut back off the pavement. A time limit to be put on of 14 days, as there is a serious issue with the lack of light over the pavement.
- Parish Assembly Meeting – date to be agreed in May.
- Queens 90th Birthday Celebration – what should Ullenhall do?
- C.C. Highways
- The overhanging dead trees from Grimshaw Hill to the Henley Road – these have been attended to
- The tree by St. Mary’s Close has really low branches that need removing
- The trees overhanging the road opposite Woodmere to the north of the village – the surveyor has visited and feels there are no issues to address
Items for discussion
a..Letter from resident regarding the purchase of litter pickers. This was discussed but they are not
b..Letter from resident regarding blocked gulleys along the Henley Road. Highways will look into
c..Lord Carrington Charity, request for J.Bucknall to continue as a Trustee, all agreed.
d..W.C.C. closure of A3400 and A4189, 15th February 2016 for a week
e..NALC, Legal Topic note, Staff Pensions
f..NALC, Transparency Fund application form
Items for noting
CPRE Outlook magazine, January edition
Citizens Advice, thank you letter for our donation
Ullenhall Village Hall, thank you letter for our donation
Clerks & Councils Direct magazine, January issue
BANK ACCOUNTS, as at 1st February 2016
Treasurers Account…………………….. £140.44
Savings Account………………………… £23,369.27
of which Precept is………. £5,839.92
Charity is……….. £17,669.79
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS, agreed
Precept E.ON, electricity £266.97
Morris Ltd, signage for Charity field £17.30
The clerk to arrange payments.
Concerns have been raised over vehicles driving over roadside verges.
The meeting closed at 8.56pm
Next meeting to be held on Tuesday 1st March 2016