Parish Council – 4TH JULY 2017

ULLENHALL PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES FOR MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 4TH JULY 2017 AT 19:45 IN ULLENHALL VILLAGE HALL.

PRESENT :

Councillors :

Joan Bucknall (Acting Chair)

Barry Bates, Margaret Morris, Derek Jones, Roger Putnam

Clerk : Carol Clements

 

APOLOGIES :  John Clayton, Cllr Stephen Thirwell

ABSENT : Isobel Fitzgerald,

 

CONFLICT of INTEREST : None

 

OPEN FORUM : None

 

COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLOR COMMENTS :

 

Warwickshire County Councillor – Cllr John Horner :-

 

Advised of his attempts to get help with traffic issues e.g. speeding : budgets being cut so difficult to get any funding. Suggested that concerned parties write to Nadhim Zahawi (SuA MP) to get him involved. Will sort out date for his proposed meeting to discuss traffic issues and send email out.

Cllr Putnam raised a query regarding the lack of 50mph signs on man road out of Ullenhall : Clr Horner will investigate and advise.

Cllr Bucknall suggested a survey to ascertain exactly how busy the road gets. Cllr Horner advised that police can offer training to Traffic Control Wardens – minimum of 3 people required.

 

Cllr Horner also advised :

Dementia Awareness training was available and that July is ‘Cyber Crime’ month.

The ‘Wynates Triangle’ had been gifted by SuA to Redditch and that development of it as a business park was a possibility.

 

Cllr Bucknall raised the issue of the Community Forum and how difficult it is to raise any concerns : if phoning, told to use web site but web site is difficult to find & use. Meetings are poorly attended, partly due to lack of advertising.

 

PLANNING :

 

Planning Applications

 

  • 17/01722/FUL Dalecroft, Henley Road, Ullenhall B95 5NW

Vote taken – no objections raised * Clerk will reply accordingly to Planning Department

 

Planning Permissions & Other Planning Items

 

  • 17/01465/AGNOT Hall End Farm. Hall End Farm Road, Ullenhall B95 5RH – no objections to proposed open sided steel portal frame barn. Council acknowledged.

 

Next Planning meeting : Tuesday 18th July 2017, 7pm, in the Committee room.

Clerk will advise Councillors if meeting is required.

 

ITEMS :

 

CHARITY FIELD :

 

St. Clements Plant Ltd completed all works and issued invoice to Clerk.

Discussion by Council about whether invoice should be paid in full due to lack of grass on area. Having checked their original quote which costed for 10kg of seed, Council agreed to pay in full.

Clerk will arrange transfer of funds from the Charity Account to the Precept Account and then payment via BACS directly to St. Clements Plant Ltd.

 

MATTERS ARISING :

 

OUTSTANDING ISSUES :

 

  1. W.C.C. Highways

Concerns have been raised over the potential flood risk caused by the obstruction of the stream along Watery Lane. The resident has agreed to lower the feature to allow a better flow of water.

Warwickshire County Councillor to continue to follow this up.

 

 

  • The finish of the gabions along Watery Lane has raised concerns and W.C.C. highways contractors are to return to re-do some of the work.  

 

Warwickshire County Councillor to continue to follow this up.

 

 

  • Yew Tree Farm/Park House

 

Old entrance to the highway has been reopened as a temporary measure. Need to ensure it is closed when the works have been completed.

 

All the above to be carried forward to next meeting.

 

CORRESPONDENCE :

 

Various emails from John Crossling at WALC :

 

  • The launch of a new Carer Wellbeing Service across Warwickshire
  • If you have your own property and pay for the water & sewerage services, the government have opened up competition on water supplies to non-domestic properties – Local Government premises are eligible. There is the opportunity for Local Authorities to choose their own water supplier.
  • Warwickshire County Council have confirmed that Cllr Dave Shilton has been confirmed as their charter champion.
  • Email reference inviting Cllr Bill Lowe to speak at Parish Council.

 

All of the above acknowledged by Council. If any further information is required, contact the Clerk and she will arrange for the information to be forwarded.

 

BANK ACCOUNTS :

As of 1st July 2017, total held = £33,878.50 :

    Treasurers Account (Precept account)     = £  4,701.82

    Savings Account (Charity account)        = £29,176.68

 

Councillors had requested that Clerk check with previous clerk (Mrs. Pat Hughes) that ‘merging’ of accounts was acceptable to the auditors.

Mrs Hughes advised that “The Auditors need a clear trail of precept and charity expenditure, so just ensure the path for both is clearly defined and this matches the accounts. The reason we had a Treasurers and Savings account was to gain some bank interest, but it is perhaps not so relevant now the interest rates are so low!”

 

Clerk has completed mandates to add Cllrs Jones & Putnam as signatories on accounts. Paper work signed by two current signatories and both new signatories. Clerk to send paper work back to bank.

 

PAYMENTS REQUIRED:

 

To be paid from *Precept / *Charity account

   

Reimbursement to clerk via BACS (*Precept) – total due = £177.61

  • £10.00 – travel allowance (April).
  • £17.33 – use of home as office allowance (£4 per week x 52 weeks divided by 12 months)
  • £30.00 – WALC 10.06.17 training fee ref Cllr Jones
  • £120.28 – June 2017 wages

 

£230.00 – payment to Hughes Contract Services for mowing and branch cutting works carried out during May 2017 (*Precept)

 

The clerk to arrange payments.

 

NB : Cheque from last month given to Cllr Bucknall (£100.95 ref Parish Assembly food)

 

COUNCILLORS COMMENTS :

 

ANY OTHER MATTERS :

 

Original Disclosure Scotland certification for Clerk (Ms Carol Clements) given to Council for safe keeping – placed in UPC cupboard.

 

£28.80 – letter from NPower regarding electricity charges relating to Charity Field floodlights. Clerk is pursuing this with NPower – will advise if any further response required.

 

Clerk has enrolled with Pensions Regulator as required by law. Clerk will confirm on line that no pension payments are to be made by either the Parish Council or the Clerk (cannot be done until after July 1st 2017)

 

Meeting Closed at 8.50 pm

 

Next meeting to be held on Tuesday 1st August 2017

Posted in Parish Council

Leave a Reply