ULLENHALL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 4th October 2016 at 7.45pm in Ullenhall Village Hall.
Cllrs. Chair, J.Clayton; J.Bucknall; M.Morris; I.Fitzgerald; B.Bates.
W.C.C Cllr. M.Perry
S-on-A District Cllr. S.Thirlwell
Cllrs. A.Jones; A.Stewart.
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 6th September 2016 were agreed and signed.
Meeting open to County and District Councillors for comments.
Warwickshire County Council
- G.Atkinson, has received concerns from a resident over cyclists and ramblers going along Blind Lane and Forde Hall Lane
- Gavin Callard, W.C.C. Forestry Officer, has visited the hedge at St. Mark’s Close and states that it is growing well and is ready to be trimmed. John Hughes to be asked to carry this out.
- It has been noted that the junction from Maeswood Road onto the Stratford Road is becoming dangerous due to people parking to visit the garage
- Savings continue to have to be made –
- From 2020, Local Authorities are to take over the handling of the Business Rates
- A small amount of funding is available if flooding issues occur over the winter
- Warwickshire has been voted the most enterprising place in Britain in 2016
Stratford-on-Avon District Council
- Stephen was lucky enough to be included in the Districts visit to China
- Neil Smith from Orbit Housing, has agreed to a meeting with W.C.C., S.Thirlwell and Ullenhall Parish Cllrs. to look at the car parking issue on Church Hill
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
16/02545/FUL Mr. Burke, Henley House, Henley Road – Demolition of existing side garage and erection of front, side and rear two storey extension and raising of the existing roof at New Lathrup.
Concerns were raised on the possible adverse impact on neighboring properties, in respect of light and visually.
16/01900/FUL Dr. Anthony Burman, Old Turf Cottage, Ullenhall – Change of use of garage to dwelling (retrospective). No representations made as this has been a dwelling for at least the last 15 years.
16/02435/FUL Mr. and Ms. Pearce and Hall, The Nook, Blunts Green – Permission with Conditions
Next Planning Meeting, if required, Tuesday 18th October 2016, 7pm in the Committee Room.
- Hard Court area –Cllr. I Fitzgerald had an initial meeting with some of the members of the group that went well. The final report to be published at our next meeting in November, when it is expected that a decision will be made.
- Superfast Broadband – up date
- Grant Thornton, auditor – notes on 2015-2016 accounts and invoice for £120.00
- Precept – second half year payment received, £2,775.00
- Christmas tree lighting event – Saturday 3rd December 2016 at 5pm
Mulled wine, mince pies, squash, CD for Christmas music.
John Hughes to purchase and erect tree and Cllrs to help with lights
- Mark’s Charity – cheque received to the value of £7,232.45 (3/11ths share)
- C.C. Highways
- Concerns have been raised over the potential flood risk caused by the obstruction of the stream along Watery Lane. The resident has agreed to lower the feature to allow a better flow of water.
- The finish of the gabions along Watery Lane has raised concerns and W.C.C. highways contractors are to return to re-do some of the work.
- Community Pay-Back scheme, painting of rails along Watery Lane. This cannot go ahead.
- Road signage at the top of the village going onto the A435 will be looked into jointly with Worcestershire County Council.
- Garages at St. Mary’s Close. A response from Orbit Housing, stated that it has been identified that there is an issue with the state of the garages and they have been cordoned off for health and safety reasons. Tenants were all notified to vacate.
Items for discussion
Items for noting
LCR magazine, Autumn 2016 edition
BANK ACCOUNTS, as at 30th September 2016
Note – second half year precept received of £2,775.00 – included in Precept total
St. Mark’s Charity funds, £7,232.45 – included in Charity total
Treasurers Account……………….. £53.87
Savings Account…………………… £29,734.39
of which Precept is………… £6,770.46
Charity is…………. £23,017.80
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS, agreed
Precept Hughes Contract Services £120.00
Grant Thornton, auditor £120.00
E.ON, street lighting maintenance £138.22
Ullenhall Village Hall, hire £24.00
Meeting closed at 9.20pm
Next meeting to be held on Tuesday 1st November 2016