ULLENHALL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 1st November 2016 at 7.45pm in Ullenhall Village Hall.
Concerns were raised from several residents over the conduct of cyclists when going through the village. It appears that it is Solihull Cycling Club.
Cllrs. Chair, J.Clayton; J.Bucknall; M.Morris; I.Fitzgerald; A.Stewart; B.Bates
S-on-A District Cllr. S.Thirlwell
W.C.C. Cllr. M.Perry
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 4th October 2016 were agreed and signed after the inclusion of a revised note from S.Thirlwell.
Meeting open to County and District Councillors for comments.
S-on-A District Council
- At a Full Council meeting, the proposal for a new constituency for 2019, is that the District is fragmented into 4 different areas. The Boundary Commission are looking for an average of 71,000 to 78,000 voters in each constituency.
- Orbit housing seem reticent to come forward for the site meeting on Church Hill to look at the issue of car parking. S.Thirlwell will continue to chase.
- A request from the Parish Cllrs. At Yew Tree Farm/Park House, the old entrance has been opened up, despite a Planning Order for it to remain closed. We ask that S.Thirlwell look into this with the Planning Department.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
16/03010/LBC Mr. & Mrs. Ray and Sara Eyre, Railway Cottage, Blunts Green – Extend kitchen by linking existing building to outhouse via glass/aluminium roof atrium. No representations made.
16/02268/FUL Peter Deane, Luxborough House – Permission with Conditions
16/03046/HHPA Jon Hodesdon, Westfield – application withdrawn
Next Planning Meeting, if required, Tuesday 15/22 November 2016, 7pm in the Committee Room.
- Hard Court area – In the absence of an adequate response from the Committee, it was discussed, and agreed by all, that the hardcourt area be removed and returned to grass, to include the removal of the lighting. Quotations for the work to be carried out will be sought, and Cllr. J.Clayton will draw up the specification for this.
- Superfast Broadband – up date
Henley Cabinet 4 (main part of the village) – no current developments
Henley Cabinet 16 (Deans Green/Blunts Green) – Upgrade completed? To be confirmed
Tanworth-in-Arden (Ullenhall Lane) – New proposition from BT for Advance Fibre to Home installation. John Gaffney taking the lead.
- Christmas tree lighting event – Saturday 3rd December 2016 at 5pm
Mulled wine, mince pies, squash, sweets, CD for music.
John Hughes to purchase and erect tree and Cllrs to help with lights (Friday 2nd December at 10am).
Fly leaflets to deliver and poster for Village Hall A frame to be produced.
- Yew Tree Farm/Park House – old entrance to highway has been opened and S-on-A District Cllr. S.Thirlwell is looking into this on our behalf.
- Solihull Cycling Club – It was agreed to write with concerns that have been raised from several residents with regards to some of the members of the club. Their general activities are bringing the reputation of the club into disrepute, with shouting, the speed of some of the cyclists, their abusive attitude and bad language, and general inconsideration.
- C.C. Highways
- Concerns have been raised over the potential flood risk caused by the obstruction of the stream along Watery Lane. The resident has agreed to lower the feature to allow a better flow of water.
- The finish of the gabions along Watery Lane has raised concerns and W.C.C. highways contractors are to return to re-do some of the work.
- Road signage at the top of the village going onto the A435 will be looked into jointly with Worcestershire County Council.
- Mary’s Close, vehicle parking issue – meeting to be arranged with all concerned parties
- Defibrillator – the clerk to arrange for it to be serviced
Items for discussion
Letter from resident regarding aircraft descending in flight over the village, noted and information for December magazine.
Letter from Resident regarding Park Gate, Ullenhall, to pass on to the Planning Enforcement Officer at S-on-A District Council.
Request for a donation of £200 towards the Children’s Christmas Party, agreed by all.
Items for noting
W.C.C. Gritting Routes in Warwickshire Winter 2016-2017
BANK ACCOUNTS, as at 31st October 2016
Treasurers Account……………….. £56.65
Savings Account…………………… £29,330.36
of which Precept is………… £6,369.21
Charity is…………. £23,017.80
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS, agreed
Precept E.ON, electricity invoice £310.03
Hughes Contract Services £120.00
Charity Donation to Children’s Christmas party £200.00
The clerk to arrange payments.
Concerns raised once again over the motor cycles racing along the Henley to Mappleborough Green road. The clerk to raise it with the Police traffic division.
Dumped rubbish by the field gate opposite the church was found to be from a stolen delivery van. It was later removed.
The meeting closed at 9.25pm.
Next meeting to be held on Tuesday 6th December 2016