January 2017 minutes

ULLENHALL PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 at 7.45pm in Ullenhall Village Hall.

 

Open Forum – the finger post sign for Ullenhall is obscured at the Church Road junction along the Henley to Mappleborough Green Road. M.Perry will follow up on this.

 

PRESENT 

Cllrs. Chair, J.Clayton; J.Bucknall; M.Morris; I.Fitzgerald; B.Bates.

W.C.C. Cllr. M.Perry

Clerk, P.Hughes

 

APOLOGIES

Cllr. A.Jones

S-on-A District Cllr. S.Thirlwell

 

MINUTES

Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 6th December 2016 were agreed and signed.

 

Meeting open to County and District Councillors for comments.

Warwickshire County Council

  • The main Budget meeting will be held in February for 2017-2018
  • At a budget meeting in December, it was agreed that funding would be ring fenced for Social Care. At present, £137m is spent in Warwickshire per annum.
  • Under the New Homes Bonus, £3m went to the County in 2016-2017
  • From 2020, all Local Authorities will collect Business rates.
  • The first group of Syrian refugees have settled in Warwickshire, 14 families in total. It has had no impact on social housing and all children will attend local schools.

 

CONFLICT OF INTEREST

 

PLANNING

Applications

Returns

16/02545/FUL Mr. Burke, Henley House, Henley Road – Permission with Conditions

16/02219/FUL Mr. Kilby-Edwards, Walmer Cottage – Permission with Conditions

Notifications

Next Planning meeting, if required, Tuesday 10/17/24 January 2017, 7pm, in the Committee room.

 

CHARITY FIELD

  1. Hard Court area – a specification for the work to be carried out has been drawn up, (removal of hard court area and lighting and return to grassed area). The clerk has forwarded to 3 contractors to obtain quotations. (B. Donahue, J.Kelly, A.Pearcey). the quotes to be chased for our next meeting.

 

MATTERS ARISING

  1. Superfast Broadband – no further update
  2. S-on-A District Council, Precept application 2017/2018 – after discussions and figures brought to the meeting for past years’ applications, it was agreed by all to hold at £5,550.00 as for 2016-2017. The clerk to make the return.
  3. ON, replacement column, PL9 Church Hill – quote for replacement. It was agreed not to have this column replaced as it has not worked for a long time as it has been disconnected and is not needed as there is a street light opposite.
  4. Mark’s Charity – annual field rent due, £200.00. All agreed to pay.

 

 

 

 

 

OUTSTANDING ISSUES

  • C.C. Highways
  • Concerns have been raised over the potential flood risk caused by the obstruction of the stream along Watery Lane. The resident has agreed to lower the feature to allow a better flow of water. M/Perry will follow up.
  • The finish of the gabions along Watery Lane has raised concerns and W.C.C. highways contractors are to return to re-do some of the work. Perry will follow up.
  • Road signage at the top of the village going onto the A435 will be looked into jointly with Worcestershire County Council. M.Perry will follow up and arrange a site visit to assess.
  • Mary’s Close, vehicle parking issue –the land where the garages are has been sold.
  • Defibrillator – the clerk to arrange for it to be serviced
  • Solihull Cycling Club – the clerk has written to the club after complaints from local residents.
  • Henley to Mappleborough Green road, we await information from the Police Traffic division. A request was made to carry out adhoc speed checks along the road, as motor cyclists still continue to speed.
  • Yew Tree Farm/Park House – old entrance to the highway has been reopened. S-on-A District Cllr. S.Thirlwell has investigated and the entrance will be closed as soon as the work to the property has been completed.

 

CORRESPONDENCE

Items for discussion

  1. The Pensions Regulator, requirement to set up for employees. The clerk will do this.
  2. Seymour Fieldhouse Homes, application for grant. The clerk to reply. Parish Councils do not give out grants to the community.
  3. W.C.C., draft Minerals Plan publication consultation
  4. S-on-A District Council, Revised Register of Electors
  5. Letter of resignation from the clerk to terminate her employment on 31st March 2017. The position will be advertised.

Items for noting

 

BANK ACCOUNTS, as at 2nd January 2017

Treasurers Account………………..                                               £59.62

Savings Account……………………                                       £28,292.74

of which Precept is…………                   £5,704.92

Charity is………….                 £22,647.44

 

PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS, agreed

Precept

E.ON street lighting maintenance                                            £58.20

E.ON street lighting maintenance quarter charge                  £138.22

St. Mark’s Charity, field rent                                                   £200.00

Charity

The clerk to arrange payments.

 

COUNCILLORS COMMENTS

 

The meeting closed at 8.50pm.

 

Next meeting to be held on Tuesday 7th February 2017

Posted in Parish Council

Leave a Reply