ULLENHALL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 7th February 2017 at 7.45pm in Ullenhall Village Hall.
Cllrs. Chair, J.Clayton; J.Bucknall; M.Morris; I.Fitzgerald; B.Bates
W.C.C. Cllr. M.Perry
S-on-A District Cllr. S.Thirlwell
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 were agreed and signed.
Minutes of the Planning meeting held on Tuesday 17th January 2017 were agreed and signed.
Meeting open to County and District Councillors for comments.
Warwickshire County Council
- 2017-2018 Budget expected to be set at a 1.99% rise
- The Council need to have a saving of £33m in 2017-2018 and £67m by 2020
- Warwickshire is in the top 100 councils supporting schemes for apprentices
S-on-A District Council
- 2017-2018 Council Tax will be agreed on 27th February 2017
- Due to The Core Strategy being in place, developers were stopped from building 1,500 homes on Wellesbourne Airfield
- The White Paper, issued today, continues to protect the Green Belt Area
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
J.Clayton, J.Bucknall, B.Bates for Planning Application 17/00125/FUL.
17/00217/AGNOT John Sharp, Hunger Hill House, Hunger Hill – Erection of a steel fabricated tractor/store building. No representations made.
17/00070/FUL Geoffrey Haimes, Hall End Farm, Hall End Farm Road – Demolition of existing farm storage building and farm office building and construction on one replacement building to incorporate a farm welfare, secure farm storage and ancillary residential accommodation. No representations made.
Cllrs. J.Clayton, J.Bucknall and B.Bates abstained from comment on the following application.
17/00125/FUL St. Mark’s Charity, St. Mark’s Cottages, Ullenhall – Two storey rear extensions to nos. 1 and 2 St. Marks Cottages. Alterations to the cottages to include additional windows and the construction of canopy front porches. No representations made.
16/03588/FUL Tania Slater, Land adjacent to Barrells Park, Ullenhall – Permission with Conditions
16/01900/FUL Anthony Burman, Old Turf Cottage, Ullenhall – Change of use of garage to dwelling (retrospective).
16/03533/FUL Mr. & Mrs. Mark and Gail Drury, Longmead Cottage, Ullenhall – Demolition of the existing dwelling and garage and erection of a new dwelling and detached garage.
Next Planning meeting, if required, Tuesday 21st February 2017, 7pm, in the Committee room.
- Hard Court area – a specification for the work to be carried out has been drawn up, (removal of hard court area and lighting and return to grassed area). The quotes to be chased as a matter of urgency for our next meeting.
- Superfast Broadband – no further update
- Vacancy for Parish Councillor – letter received from Derek Jones. After discussion, it was agreed to accept his application to be a Parish Councillor. The clerk to invite him to our next meeting on 7th March 2017.
- Vacancy for Clerk – two applications received and both to be invited for interview on Tuesday 28th February 2017.
- The clerk to forward the invitation along with the current Job Description.
- The clerk to set out the interview questions
- The salary was agreed in line with NALC rates, £1,465.00 per annum.
- C.C. Highways
- Concerns have been raised over the potential flood risk caused by the obstruction of the stream along Watery Lane. The resident has agreed to lower the feature to allow a better flow of water. M.Perry is following this up.
- The finish of the gabions along Watery Lane has raised concerns and W.C.C. highways contractors are to return to re-do some of the work. Perry to follow up.
- Road signage at the top of the village going onto the A435 will be looked into jointly with Worcestershire County Council. M.Perry will follow up and arrange a site visit to assess.
- The finger post to Ullenhall from the Mappleborough Green to Henley Road at the junction with Church Road has been ordered.
- Henley to Mappleborough Green road, we await information from the Police Traffic division. A request was made to carry out adhoc speed checks along the road, as motor cyclists still continue to speed. The clerk to forward a reminder.
- Yew Tree Farm/Park House – old entrance to the highway has been reopened as a temporary measure. Need to ensure it is closed when the works have been completed.
Items for discussion
CPRE, membership renewal, £36.00, all agreed to pay
Items for noting
Letter of thanks from Kristina for the donation to the Children’s Christmas party
Clerks & Councils Direct magazine, January 2017
BANK ACCOUNTS, as at 3rd February 2017
Treasurers Account……………….. £62.84
Savings Account…………………… £27,893.94
of which Precept is………… £5,309.34
Charity is…………. £22,647.44
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS, agreed
Precept E.ON electricity invoice £310.03
Ullenhall Village Hall, room hire £36.00
CPRE, donation £36.00
The clerk to arrange payments.
Concerns have been raised once again over the early flights from Birmingham airport coming over the village.
Dog Fouling is still an issue in the village, especially along Church Hill. A note to be put in the magazine to remind residents of their responsibility to clear up after their dogs.
The meeting closed at 9.30pm.
Next meeting to be held on Tuesday 7th March 2017